Environmental protection is such a huge and complicated subject, but we know it’s important to encourage a love of nature, and a desire to protect it, in our children. This post highlights how we can help our children understand sustainability, offers practical suggestions and notes common pitfalls to avoid.
Click over to Can Young Children Help Create a Sustainable World to read the text for this podcast. You’ll also find the research credits there plus links to helpful organisations.
You can download these bookmarks here! There are 8 different bookmarks and they come in both colour and black and white.
Looking for resources for outdoor learning?
I recommend you take a look at Green Grubs Garden Club. Rosie is a New Zealand teacher who creates unique and beautiful teaching resources covering all sorts of bugs and other animals, and plants as well. She does have some free printables, too, so they’re a great way to get started!
Leave a rating
If you enjoyed this episode please add a review and rating on iTunes. It helps others find the podcast more easily. Or, if there was a particular point that resonated with you perhaps you could share that on your Facebook page or on Twitter?
- #0 The Early Childhood Research Podcast: An Introduction
- #1 Healthy Eating in Young Children
- #2 Developing Pre-Writing Skills
- #3 Dealing with Bullying: 10 Proven Strategies
- #4 School Readiness through Music
- #5 What are the Rights of a Child?
- #6 Does Movement Improve Learning Outcomes?
- #7 How to Communicate Effectively about Childhood Development
- #8 Anger Management: How to Calm an Angry Child