This week our focus is geometry and we have some 3D shapes readers for you! They’re free to download at the bottom of this post. If you love mixing math with literacy these will help!
What you’ll need
- Download the 3D Shapes Readers. You’ll find the link below the next photos.
- Print them off in colour or black and white.
- Fold them according to the instructions included in the download – one piece of paper makes one 8-page book, you just need to fold on the lines and cut one slit into the paper.
- Get reading!
Some of the graphics in the printable are placed differently from the photos again this week. Some of my programs have been glitchy and their temperamentalness (this might not be a word, but it should be) is trying to get the better of me.
How to use these 3D shapes readers
Just read them together!! One book is aimed at simple shape recognition and the other shows real shapes in our environment. Use the books as a catalyst to check out the shapes all around. What can your child spot?
Click on the following highlighted link to download your 3D Shapes Readers. As soon as you click, the books will be sent to your downloads folder or other device equivalent.
Looking for more?
- Here’s a free 2D shapes word-type-wheel. It’s been shared over 10,000 times so it’s pretty popular!
- Here’s a free 2D and 3D Cut and Paste Activity. It’s been shared over 6,000 times so it’s pretty popular, too!
For a large kindergarten geometry pack with over 150 usable pages pop over to my store. It has many, many teacher posters as well as student activities to cover all aspects of geometry.
What other kinds of materials would you like to see on the blog around geometry? Let me know in the comments!
I hope your kids love these readers and wish you happy teaching and learning!