Last week we posted puzzles for numbers 1 to 5 so it’s time for our counting number puzzles for 6 to 10!
Numbers six to ten
Encouraging kids to have confidence with numbers 1-10 is crucial for building a solid mathematical foundation. This interview with Dr Alida Laski talks about the huge importance of the base-10 system in math for young children and how we should never underestimate what our kids can learn!
Counting number puzzles
Download these puzzles from the link at the bottom of this post.
- Print off the ones you wish to use – either colour or black and white
- Use card to make them last longer!
- Cut on the black lines to separate all the pieces
- Have a little ziploc bag, or other easy storage, ready for the pieces.
Using these number puzzles
- Mix up the puzzles so children can put them back together.
- Or put magnets on the back and leave the pieces on a nearby whiteboard or baking tray so they’re in easy reach.
- Find all the similar cards, for example tally marks or ten frame pieces and line them up in ascending or descending order.
- Pick up two random pieces and add the numbers together.
- Give each child their own puzzle to cut out and glue into a math / counting book
Click on the following highlighted link to download your COUNTING NUMBER PUZZLES 6-10. As soon as you click, they will be sent to your downloads folder or other device equivalent.
Looking for more free number activities?
- Matching number puzzles for 1-5
- Write and Count 1-10
- Over 100 ways to count!
- Lots of skip counting puzzles
Learning more about numbers 1-10?
If you’re focusing on numbers 1-10 at the moment you might like to check out this teaching pack for Introducing Number Lines from 0-10. It’s a teacher pack and includes a variety of hands-on number lines for kids to manipulate, whole room activities, loads of task cards and teacher posters.
Till next time!