Day 4 of our week-long alphabet giveaway has arrived with a pictures and words alphabet match for letters P to U. It’s a super activity for encouraging kids to look closely at the letters in words.
Our 500 page MEGA ALPHABET BUNDLE is still
only $14 today (Wed US time) – grab it quickly as the price will continue to increase each day until Saturday.
- Monday (A-E): Beginning Sounds Picture Sorts
- Tuesday (F-J): Alphabet Mazes – both uppercase and lowercase
- Wednesday (K-O): Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Sorts
- Thursday (P-T): Alphabet Picture and Word Match
- Friday (U-Z): Alphabet Word and Picture Puzzles: Solve and Write
Preparing this pictures and words match flip book
Not gonna sugar coat it… this flip book takes longer than just print and go! But it’s not too bad, and when you’re done your kids will be able to use it over and over.
Instructions are in the download (below) but basically you’ll:
- print off the pages onto card (choose between the color or black and white versions).
- cut to separate the flip book pages, the picture cards and the boarding cards if you’re using them to store the picture cards.
- laminate the flip book pages IF you want your kids to be able to write over the dotted words on the chairs
- cut slits in the chairs on the white dotted lines.
- staple the flip book pages together or punch holes and use rings as I have here.
- tape the boarding cards for each letter on the back of the adjacent page (see the example below) to store the picture cards
How to use
Kids choose a page to focus on and take out the picture cards, looking closely at the words below the pictures. ‘Read’ the words using the pictures as a prompt.
Look at the words on the chairs and decide which word is a perfect match for the picture card, then slide the card into the slot in the chair. Do the same for the other two cards. Then choose more pages to work on!
If your cards are laminated kids can also use a dry erase marker to trace over the words on the top of each chair, then erase when finished with the activity.
Click on the following highlighted link and this Pictures and Words Alphabet Match flip book will immediately be sent to your downloads folder or other device equivalent.
Mega Alphabet Bundle
This bundle contains the following A-Z alphabet packs. Each pack includes both uppercase and lowercase letters. You can click on each link to see each individual pack, or FIND THE BUNDLE HERE.
The reason the pack is starting off at such a bargain is so that teachers who have previously purchased some of the individual packs can still get an excellent value for money!
- Punch Cards
- Alphabet Sounds and Letter Formation
- Cootie Catchers
- Do-a-Dot and Color
- Play Dough Mats
- A-Z Animal Beginning Sounds
- Beginning Sounds Picture Sorts
- Alphabet Mazes
- Uppercase and Lowercase Sorts
- Picture and Word Match
- Word and Picture Puzzles: Solve and Write
Just want the complete A-Z Picture and Word Match flip book?
If you don’t need the complete bundle but would like to purchase the rest of this A-Z pack you can find it HERE.