This matching colors clip it wheel is a super fast way for your kids to practice matching colors. It’s part of our When You Only Have A Minute learning activities series that you can download for free.
I can hardly believe that this is the first color-specific post I’ve added to the blog! Seems crazy, I’d best get around to adding more.
What you need:
- Download this Matching Colors printable… it’s free!
- Find some small (or regular) pegs, or any clip-type objects that will allow the kids to attach the pictures to the color wheel.
- Scissors and blu-tac, glue or adhesive tape.
How to prepare:
- Print the color page on to card stock so it’s nice and firm.
- Cut out the color wheel and the pictures
- Attach the pictures to small pegs (or whatever you have). I used blu-tac because I like to be able to quickly re-use my pegs, but if your kids are bound to pull the pictures off you might prefer to glue them on!
- Laminating could be a good option to keep the pieces looking good.
How to play matching colors:
Children simply look at a picture, decide which color it matches most accurately on the color wheel, and clip it into place. There are four pictures for each color, although you can only see three on these pictures.
Have you downloaded this printable yet?
If not, click here and the Color Matching printable will automatically start downloading!
Looking for more on colors?
These 11 teeny tiny color books can be found on Teachers Pay Teachers for only $2.00