Digraphs occur when we put two sounds together to create one new sound. Actually, ‘th’ is used 2 ways… without sound as in ‘think’ and with sound as in ‘them.’ This word wheel focuses on quiet th- words.
This activity is part of a series of free literacy and math printables to have on hand when your kids only have a spare minute or two!
Th- words : what you need
- A copy of the free printable. Download the Th- Words word wheel here!
- Scissors and a paper fastener to construct the word wheel
- Pencils for colouring any black and white pictures.
Putting it together
- Print off the colour or black and white pages you need onto card stock, or plain copy paper is fine, too.
- Colour the pictures if using black and white
- Cut carefully around all three circles
- Place them on top of one another, largest circle at the bottom, smallest on top
- Line up the centre circles and push a paper fastener or brad through to hold them together
How to use
Children simply rotate the 3 circles till a matching word and picture line up. Once they’ve said the word correctly they make another match and so on! Or have one child choose a picture and the other child find the matching word.
Did you print it off yet? If not, here’s the Th- Word Wheel printable for you again!
Click the following links to find the free:
I wish you happy teaching and learning!