Digraphs are formed when 2 letters come together to make 1 sound and they’re important to grasp confidently. For this month’s When You Only Have A Minute printable we’re focusing on ch- words.
What you need
Download this free Ch-Words printable. You’ll also need scissors and a brad / split pin / paper fastener to attach them together. And pencils if your child wants to colour the black and white pictures.
Putting your ch- digraph word wheel together
- Print off the pages you need onto card stock. Choose between colour or black and white pictures. You can also choose between the options ‘chili’ or ‘chilli.’
- Colour the pictures if using black and white
- Cut carefully around all three circles
- Place them on top of one another, largest circle at the bottom, smallest on top
- Line up the centre circles and push a split pin or brad through to hold them together
How to use
Turn the three ‘wheels’ to match the words to the pictures, reading out loud as new words are formed. One child can choose a picture, then another child makes the correct word to match it! Easy peasy!
Did you print it off yet? If not, here’s the Ch- Word Wheel printable for you again!
Click the following links to find the free:
I wish you happy teaching and learning!