Practice writing and counting from zero to ten with these free Valentine’s Day play dough counting mats. Perfect for fine motor skill development and for adding a little Valentine atmosphere into your child’s learning!
Download these Valentine’s Day play dough counting mats below.
Print off the color or black and white counting mats then laminate or put into plastic sleeves to get lots of use out of them!
Using these Valentine’s Day counting mats
- Using a dry erase marker or crayon trace the number at the top left of the page. What is that number?
- Count the chocolate kisses – do the numbers match?
- Trace over the number word, saying the letter sounds as you trace.
- Using small play dough balls (or chocolate kisses), cover each kiss to practice 1 to 1 correspondence, counting while you go.
- Then add the correct number of objects into the ten frame at the bottom.
- Finally, trace over the tally marks to practice how they are formed and counted.
- When finished return the play dough and erase the marks on the mats.
Click the following highlighted link to download your VALENTINE’S DAY PLAY DOUGH COUNTING MATS.
The file will immediately be sent to your downloads folder or other device equivalent.
Need more free play dough counting mats?
Follow these links!
Looking for counting puzzles?
Check out this pack of 112 counting puzzles – 56 in black and white and 56 in colour.